The ecumenical Maumelle, Arkansas, Cooperative Ministry was founded in 1976. It was sponsored by four denominations: Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Disciples of Christ, and United Methodist. The congregation met at the Maumelle Community Center from 1976-1980; then a trailer structure at 449 Millwood Circle from 1980-1985; subsequently in a chapel-type building at the same location from 1985-1987.
On August 9, 1987, the congregation voted to affiliate with the United Methodist Church. It was officially constituted a United Methodist Church on September 13, 1987. The Millwood Circle location was sold to the Lutheran Church and a new structure was occupied at 1201 Edgewood Drive on June 8, 1990. Since then, the church has experienced several expansions and serves many people within our community as well as outside our community.
|Dr. Joel Cooper||09/13/87 – 10/17/87|
|Steven D. Coburn||10/18/87 – 06/1/97|
|Rev. Mary Susan Hilliard||06/15/97 – 06/17/00|
|Rev. Andrew Nixon||06/18/00 – 06/29/06|
|Dr. Rev. Luke Conway||06/30/06 – 06/30/14|
|Rev. Beth Waldrup||07/01/14 – Present|